The Language Center - La Lingua La Vitain Todi, Umbria

Available languages:

Italiano | English | 日本語 | Русский

Menu header:

Visit website "The Language Center"

Main menu:

School of Italian Language and Culture
in Todi - Umbria - since 1988

Assistance & Services

Assistance & Services

You are in :   Home  /  Assistance & Services  /  Student Visa

Student Visa

Study for less than three months:
We advise not to ask for a student visa.  If your country of origin is one of the following, you are obliged to ask for a tourist visa (but not a student visa): Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, China, Colombia, Macedonia, Georgia, Morocco, Peru, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and The Ukraine.

Study for more than three months:
The student must go personally to their embassy or consulate to inquire for and secure a student visa. You must have the following items:
- Valid passport.
- Enrollment certificate from La Lingua La Vita.
- A notarized declaration that you have sufficient economic capacity to cover your costs of living and your return travel costs.
- A letter (two copies) from your and/or your parent’s bank confirming the account number and balance of your monetary account.
- A copy of a valid international health insurance policy.

Visas for Students from Non-EU Countries:

America, Asia, Africa, Australia and European Countries which are not members of the European Union)
Your stay must be communicated to the local police within eight (8) working days of your arrival. The following is a list of the items and documents needed for your legal stay in Italy:
- ‘Marca da bollo’ - a special stamp in the value of 14.62 euros.
- Four personal photographs (passport type).
- Residence transfer (responsibility of the host family).
- Health insurance agreement valid also for Italy.
- School registration certificate demonstrating your participation with us, through a formal stamp of approval by the embassy or consulate of your country of origin.
- Photocopy of your passport and your entrance visa.
- A school statement declaring the payment of your course of study.
- A declaration that you have sufficient economic capacity to cover your costs of living and your return travel costs (recent bank statement and photocopy of a credit card, checks, cash, travelers checks).
- For stays of less than three months, it is sufficient to ask for a tourist visa.
- For students enrolling in courses that last more than three months the school offers free assistance for obtaining the ‘Permesso di Soggiorno’. (Students enrolling with us for a period of less than three months who plan to transfer to other Italian schools may take advantage of our assistance at a cost of 120.00 euros).

Download our Brochure

Download our brochure with all the latest news from The Language Center


Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email address below to stay updated on the latest news from The Language Center

Footer menu:


La Lingua La Vita | Via Mazzini, 18 | 06059 Todi (PG) Italy | VAT 02551710540